Wednesday, April 9, 2014

4/4 Post that is late

Here are the blogs I commented on: In case you might not find them since some didn't have theirs up
(I just had to redo them because I forgot that I need to authenticate by typing in the weird "T4CHD4" image they do, so it didn't save my comments.

Russ Walsh
- I enjoyed the concentration on cats because cats are the best and internet + cats = match made in heaven. I think the design is very appropriate to the audience since it's simplistic and it's only three different bars they need to keep track of. I know that it's meant for old people and I could only say that maybe you could expand beyond cats theme since I think the cats for old people is a very VERY specific group within older people, but since you already clarified that it's CATS for old people, you already had your heart set out for the theme. So I won't argue there.

Elements in general that websites like these emphasize on is accessibility to everyone. Simplistic design in which symbols and images represent a category to focus on. And since this audience was targeted toward old people, there really is no need for a social media sharing option since that's geared toward a younger audience more aware and accustomed to be hyper interactive.

Well done!

Wyatt Nunn
I can't remember if your group was meant for the old people or young children or if it there was a group for young children. So it was slightly confusing remembering the audience that this interface was meant for. The plus symbol I assume is for "LifeAlert", so I guess that counts as the indicator it's the audience of old people. I like the organization of the symbols even though it's a tad long and I don't think that old people would need that many options. I couldn't tell at first what the "N" symbol was for, but I guessed it was for news since so many people included that. The only thing I'd kinda like to see in this is using more texts and words to help label which button does what. It's a lot to assume that the older generation is going to know what each symbol means, so I think that would be beneficial to them.

Elements in general that websites like these emphasize on is accessibility to everyone. Simplistic design in which symbols and images represent a category to focus on. And since this audience was targeted toward old people, there really is no need for a social media sharing option since that's geared toward a younger audience more aware and accustomed to be hyper interactive. I think giving more options and accessibility to the viewer helps entice the audience to the interface as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment