Wednesday, April 9, 2014

4/7 Question of Categories...I'm seriously just doing all my late blog posts today to catch up

When we're talking the respectful remediation vs the radical remediation argumentative paper, I believe that we're striving toward the respectful remediation. The reason I think this is path we're going for is because we're not coming up with a whole new original thought. We're creating a new design that is based off of existing designs for a topic. Some of the small details of how we want the design to look like is up to us to be inventive, but to some degree the design has a similar pattern most websites that follow the same topic share. Along with the content. The argument is still made, the supporting reasoning is a large chunk of the page that will be the same regardless who does it and the there is a common ending statement made at the end. So in a nutshell: The re-invention of thanksgiving dinner and it's presentation may be different depending on the person, but the ingredients used to showcase thanksgiving (turkey, stuffing, potatoes, cranberries, etc.) is consistent minus differing techniques made to use it.

If it was a radical remediation then the content itself is different and has to add a new element to the dish. I don't know what specifically, but maybe new steps in preparing the meal or substituting the ingredients (content) of the page with something similar.

For my website, I want to try and make it less text based and more image and media based than I did for dreamweaver. Keeping the bare necessities to a minimum and adding as much media as I can and more interactivity.

No comments:

Post a Comment